Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fortune

Challenge #117

I never had a fortune cookie until I was a very young adult.  When I did have my first one at the age of nineteen in a Chinese restaurant in New York City's  Chinatown district, I was addicted to what was inside. It wasn't a sweet gooey peanuty nougat or chocolatey truffle, or anything to digest gastronomically, it was...just air and....a slip of white paper that had the words of what was to happen to me in the future, or something that was representative of me. Words to digest mentally and to ponder. I am the proud owner of over a thousand fortunes from fortune cookies....

The word fortune has so many meanings for all of us, money, luck, wealth, good health, prosperity, riches, possessions.
I challenge you to figure out what fortune means to you and how it affects your life. Do you feel fortunate as a person? Do you always aspire for what you think is fortune? Do you hold fortune in your life now? What kind of fortune do you want?

No comments: