Monday, November 7, 2011

Love means Never Having to Say you're Sorry

Challenge #121

Sappy love movies of recent are presenting reborn questions for me.  Just how important is it for us to have achieved love from others, and what is that love derived from? And, what is this thing called universal love?

As a kid it was very hard for me to understand universal love as in brotherly love or being part of the greater love of humanity in general. That kind of love was never exhibited or explained to me in a way that made sense to me. Like alot of other kids, I didn't understand why I had to get up early on Sundays, and go to church with my grandparents and that my adoptive parents didn't. Then once there, I got to drink orange kool aid, eat cookies and color in pictures of Jesus and stories of the bible. I also got to sing, which was fun too, but I never truly understood what the songs were about and their meanings. I even went with them until the age of lining up to drink small vials of church wine and eating a small biscuit and I still didn't get it.  I really still don't get organized religions today, even though I did re-entrench the ideal of the habit of sending my little one off to Sunday school, much to her chagrin at the age of 3, for about a year. My purpose this time around was to help her understand that one religion is not the only religion and that there are many different "books" and teachers with teachings about spirituality and universal love.

I myself never got it about the whole idea of being a part of the bigger picture until I became an energy practitioner and began developing and utilizing my healing talents.There is a profound experience of tapping into source in order to be able to connect to another and run that from yourself to them and help them to heal themselves. To me, that is true spiritual connection and universal love.

So, I challenge you to look at the bigger picture of love today, and what your part in it is. Do you feel a part of it, and in what way? What is your stake in the heart of universal love?  It's not a matter of apology if you don't, or apologizing to those that matter to you. I think it's really a matter of how you feel you fit in to the whole existence of our lives on earth now.....

No comments: